Search for Open and General Positions - If you have any trouble with the search box, click here.
Careers @ Franklin Building Supply
Franklin Building Supply is not your typical employer.
We hire owners, not employees.
As a 100% employee owned company, our employees work every day to make smart investments in their future and the future of the company. When we deliver exceptional experiences for customers time and time again, we grow the business, increase its value and build wealth for our employees. It's a simple formula that is good for employees, customers and community.
We believe employees come first.
We understand that every good or bad experience a customer has with our company comes through our employees. To deliver an exceptional and consistent experience for customers, our leadership is committed to delivering an exceptional and consistent experience for employees. We believe our employees deserve:
- - Effective and respectable leaders.
- - A work culture or environment that empowers them to thrive.
- - To be compensated fairly, including wage, benefits and time off.
- - Competent coworkers to work alongside every day.
We are committed to becoming world-class.
Our best employees embrace this challenge. They are insatiably curious, always learning and constantly improving.
- - We are working diligently to implement lean practices throughout the company, focusing on activities that add value for customers and eliminating waste.
- - We invest significant resources in training our employees, from product and skill training to sales and leadership.
- - We leverage technology to increase our capacity, enabling us to handle more work while improving service experiences for both employees and customers.
Franklin Building Supply is a company where owners invest their time and energy to build a career and build wealth. We're large enough to offer
ample advancement opportunities and small enough to not have a sterile, corporate feel. We're local, 100% employee owned and always looking
for exceptional talent.
If Franklin Building Supply sounds like the type of company and environment where you would thrive and enjoy a long career, chose a location below and click search to view open and general positions. To apply, you'll create a profile first and then select desired jobs. To learn more about our company, browse the information below or click on a video to get a feel for our culture, personality and people.
With thanks for your consideration,
— Team @ Franklin Building Supply
Benefits OfferedFor full time employees (hourly or salary), we offer a rich set benefits including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Optional disability and life insurance
- 401k and ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) retirement plans
- Paid holidays including your birthday
- Paid vacation (new hires start at 2 weeks/yr; after 5 yrs, it increases to 3 weeks/yr; after 10 yrs, it increases to 4 weeks/yr).
We believe in training our employees, which allows us to provide better service to customers and more advancement opportunities for employees. Training offered includes:
- Leadership Training
- Safety Training
- Product Training
- Skills Training
- Equipment Training
In the NewsJan 1, 2016: ProSales 2016 Dealer of the Year
April 16, 2016: Franklin Building Supply becomes employee-owned company - Idaho Press Tribune
July 7, 2017: Raising the voice of the lumberyard - HBS Dealer interview with Rick Lierz, CEO
July 7, 2017: Here's a radical idea. Maybe. - HBS Dealer interview with Levi Smith, VP of Operations
Oct 18, 2017: Rick Lierz, CEO, named NLBDMA Chairman
Oct 26, 2017: Idaho Private 100