Understanding the impact on our business
Updated: 6/24/20 11 am
As we navigate this unprecedented health and emerging economic crisis we are committed to doing our part to keep our employee-owners, customers, suppliers and communities safe. Under current state or local definitions of essential businesses or critical infrastructure, we will continue operating to support our customers and communities. As those orders evolve or get extended in the coming days and weeks we will update this page to keep you informed.
We are grateful to be able to continue providing employment for our people and we are indebted to our employees for staying the course and committing to doing their work safely in accordance with the extensive safety protocols and procedures we have put in place.
- We have added a resource page with links to government, health and other sites you may find helpful.
- While we are allowed to open to the public, we believe the safest course of action for our employees and communities is to approach reopening cautiously through mid-May especially since we are able to service customers in the meantime via curbside and delivery. We apologize for any inconveniences and appreciate your support as we try to balance meeting customers needs and helping keep our employees, customers and communities safe. See below for information of when we will reopen retail stores and design centers to the public.
Status of our locations and facilities
- The Caldwell retail store will be closed to the public Wed, 6/24 through at least Thu, 6/25. The store will continue to provide curbside service.
- On Monday, 5/11, our Design Innovations in Meridian will resume design consultations by appointment.
- On Monday, 5/11, we will resume occupied home deliveries, installs and repairs company-wide under new procedures designed to help protect both home occupants and employees.
- On Monday, 5/18, all retail stores and design centers (expect McCall, which will open on the 5/26, and Boise, which will open on or before 5/26) will reopen to the public under new procedures.
- To enter our stores we will ask you to sanitize your hands and to maintain social distancing. If you are feeling sick we ask you to not come into the store and instead utilize our curbside picking.
- We will continue to emphasize curbside pickup for convenience and safety. If you can do curbside pickup we ask that you do so to reduce risks for everyone.
- Design consultations will mostly be by appointment only to give us time to sanitize meeting areas and samples. We are limiting most appointment attendees to the one or two decision makers and are asking that you do not bring young children to appointments.
- In some situations we may limit the number of people in our stores.
- In situations where we cannot maintain social distancing while assisting a customer, we will require both customers and employees to wear masks.
- We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience with these restrictions. Please know we are putting these restrictions in place to help protect you, our employees and our communities.
- As we approach 5/18 and in the weeks and months after, we will closely monitor the health risks in our markets and may from time to time temporarily require certain locations to close to help protect the health of our employees, customers and communities.
How our work habits have changed
- Requiring any employee who is sick for any reason to go home and to stay home until either symptom free (if covid-19 is not suspected) or cleared by a doctor to return to work.
- Disinfecting contact surfaces throughout our facilities every hour.
- Requiring employees to wash hands and be vigilant about personal hygiene including not shaking hands.
- Maintaining social distancing, including with customers, suppliers and employees.
- Limiting all non-essential business travel and events.
- Reducing the flow and handling of paperwork.
- Requiring quarantines for employees who have traveled to high risk areas recently or who have reason to believe they have been directly exposed to someone with covid-19.
- Recommending high risk employees, or employees living with high risk family members, to not come into work.
- Looking for opportunities to serve and care for those this is impacting the most.
- If we have an employee test positive (or diagnosed by their physician) for covid-19, we have a temporary facility closure and reopening disinfection plan in place.
How our services have changed
- New Home, Remodel or Commercial Construction - Business as usual except things are not usual right now. All deliveries must be without contact and we are adhering to our enhanced safety protocols including social distancing. In occupied homes, we have new procedures to help protect both home occupants and employees.
- Receiving - We are receiving products from suppliers at all locations but receiving must be done without contact and adhere to social distancing requirements.
- Customer and Supplier Payments - We are receiving and making payments as usual.
- Returns may be limited or not allowed for everyone's safety.
We are committed to getting through this together with our communities, our customers, our suppliers and our employees. We cannot predict how long this disruption will last or exactly what a new normal will look once we're on the other side, but after more than 40 years in business we are still looking forward to our next 40 more than ever.
Want to get an automatic email when this page is changed? Just enter your email in the box below and when the confirmation page opens click the green Start Free Monitoring button.
Levi Smith, President